Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Challenge





I made an entry for this month's challenge at The Art Bead Scene's challenge.
June ABS Challenge

Quite an interesting color palette.  After I shopped for beads at JoAnn's, on the drive home I realized just how realistic that color palette was in the nature that surrounded me as I looked out my car windows.  Green grass medians with Crape Myrtle trees with bits of pink peaking through.  Oleanders all lush green with beautiful red flowers.  I saw the different shades of greens in the other trees as well and I really picked up on just how much green is a part of my beloved flowers and tree blossoms.

I tried the mokume gane technique to make my own art bead for the challenge.  It was fun, I will definitely be trying that again.  The white in the bead is not stark white, I added a little of that bluish green color to look more like that of the butterfly in the painting.  Then I distressed it just a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment