Monday, May 18, 2009

polymer clay





I've been playing around with the polymer clay again. I have a few new photos to post. Still working on learning techniques and trying to create interesting looks. Sometimes I don't start with the "right" colors, but just keep going anyway... I'm not going to do that next time. I think. Okay.
I love the possibilities of this medium tho. It's awesome. Wish I had endless hours to play with polymer clay.
Here are the pics. I love buttons too, I bought some really cute Christmas buttons on sale at JoAnn's recently.
The pic on the bottom left shows two buttons on the ends and a polymer bead I made in the middle. The pic on the bottom right shows some little beads I am glazing, it's so much easier this way to brush a glaze on them. If the beads are rather big, I like to sand with several different grades of wet/dry sandpaper and then buff with a soft cloth.
The cane is a fun technique to use but I'm finding that some of the colors don't stand out enough, if the colors are close, they seem to blend together. Still working on that.
adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment