Tuesday, May 5, 2009

rock pendant




Last night I made this cool pendant that looks like a rock. I wanted to try and recreate a rock I found when I was a little girl while camping in the Adirondacks. I started with black, and mixed in some white, and was planning to bring it to a nice dark grey, but the mixed in white looks so interesting that I left it kind of streaking through the black. The rock I had found actually had a hole drilled through it, very similar to the one I created. I sanded and buffed it, it's so soft and shiny...I really like it!
I really like polymer clay too! It's so fun. Oh yeah!
pics need work.. apologies

2 comments:

  1. I love your rock! The story behind the rock is sweet. Isn't it cool when your making faux rocks how each one is different and how real they end up looking?! I like to add sand to mine to give it a stone like surface. I hope you enjoy your rock pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. I like the sand idea.
    I have so much fun working with polymer clay.
    :)

    ReplyDelete