Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

I found these sweet plates at the local thrift store the other day.  I just love them, especially the one with strawberries.  Checking out the thrift stores from time to time is a really fun thing to do.
















And here is a picture of a gardenia blossom that is fading, but still smells wonderful.  I have it in my kitchen.  I wish I had gardenias in my yard.  There are so many wonderfully scented flowers that grow here in North Florida, such as orange blossoms, jasmine, ginger, gardenia.  But, I don't have any of these. They smell so amazing, especially ginger.  I can't get enough of that smell, it's wonderful.

 And here is a picture of some flowers I clipped and brought inside tonight.  The mums were given to me for Mother's Day six years ago.  I planted them and they keep coming up, year after year.  Kind of special.  Here they are again, just in time for Mother's Day.  The cute little vase was a gift from my landlady when I lived in Germany for a few years.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment