Monday, April 11, 2011

Awareness Magnet

Hello!  Well, I've been getting my fingers in the polymer clay again.  I've made a few cancer awareness type magnets for some family members.  My inspiration for the base of the magnet was taken from a bead I saw after following a link shared by    http://www.facebook.com/MagpieGemstones .  Magpie Gemstones posts frequently on facebook and has really some wonderful information, links, and beads for sale!  The actual bead that inspired me I found searching around the ancientbead.com website, after reading one of the article posted by Magpie Gemstones.  Here is the link to the article:
http://www.ancientbead.com/Ancient_bead_production.html
It is a fascinating article and the beads are amazing!



The reason that I am making cancer awareness magnets is because about two months ago my brother was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.  It is a cancer of the plasma cells that are in the bone marrow.  He is 43 years old.  By the making of these magnets, I just want to bring support and awareness for him, and reminders to encourage him and to pray for him.  So here are the pictures.  The one on the right shows the bottom before the magnets were added.  I just made another one tonight and I'll be sending these all out to some family members asap.  Btw, the ribbon color for Multiple Myeloma is burgundy.  Also, here is more information on Multiple Myeloma if you are interested in reading further on it.  http://www.mymultiplemyeloma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment